This Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins are OH SO GOOD! This is a recipe by Tyler Florence of the Food Network (click here to check it out). I tried making it a few weeks ago, and ever since then my kids have been bugging me to make them again - well, except for the youngest one, he doesn't like bananas (I know, weird right?) I followed the recipe exactly except I added milk chocolate morsels. And I also sprinkled some of the chocolate chips and nuts on top right before putting them in the oven.
So, here's the recipe. Enjoy!
BANANA NUT MUFFINS
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 overripe bananas
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly butter 2 muffin tins or place baking cups in muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Mash 2 of the bananas with a fork in a small bowl so they still have a bit of texture. With an electric mixer fitted with a wire whisk, whip the remaining bananas and sugar together like you mean it, for a good 3 minutes.
- Add the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla and beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Set aside some of the milk chocolate morsels and pecan nuts (for sprinkling on the top later). Fold in the rest of the nuts, chocolate morsels and the mashed bananas with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins to fill them about halfway. Give them a rap on the counter to get any air bubbles out. Sprinkle the chocolate morsels and nuts you have set aside on top of the muffins.
- Bake until a toothpick stuck in the muffins comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before turning the muffins out. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Here are some more recipes you might like:
Angels Homestead : Saturday Spotlight | Anyonita Nibbles : Tasty Tuesdays | A Peek Into My Paradise : TGIF Link Party | Charlie Beth's Life as Mumma Walker : Pin It Party | Create With Joy : Inspire Me Monday | I Should Be Mopping The Floor: Inspiration Monday | Love Bakes Good Cakes : Freedom Fridays with All My Bloggy Friends | Lydia's Flexitarian Kitchen : Get Inspired Pinning Party | My Personal Accent : The Blog Strut Owl Style | Pink Recipe Box : Creative Wednesdays | Pink When : diy Sunday Showcase | Rain on a Tin Roof : Give Me The Goods Link Party | The Jenny Evolution : Friday Flash Blog | Table for Seven : Share Your Stuff Tuesdays | The Pin Junkie : Friday Link Party | The Thriftiness Miss : Weekend Wonders | This Gal Cooks : Marvelous Mondays | Titi Crafty by Camila: Bewitch Me & Titi Link Party