Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Halloween Brownies

Halloween Brownies -- Frankenstein Brownie, Mummy Brownie, and Spider Brownie by chengand3kids.blogspot.com

My kids and I LOVE Halloween.

What's not to love, right?

You get to wear costumes, people's houses are decorated with spooky stuff, and there's all that free candy!

And... it's also an excuse to play with our food. How fun is that?

These brownies are the perfect treat for a Halloween party. The kids will also enjoy making their own monster faces or creepy crawlies!

I made these brownies using a brownie mix, but you can use your favorite brownie recipe if you prefer making it from scratch.

So all I did was bake the brownies according to the instructions on the box.

Once it was baked and cooled, I started making the butter cream frosting (click here for the recipe), and placed the frosting in separate bowls so that I could tint them with liquid food colors.


Frankenstein Brownie for Halloween by chengand3kids.blogspot.com

For this Frankenstein Brownie, I used green frosting, chocolate sprinkles for the hair, candy eyeballs, and melted chocolate for the eyebrows, mouth and scar. But if you have black gel (they come in small tubes like these), then you can use that too.


Mummy Brownie for Halloween by chengand3kids.blogspot.com

This Mummy Brownie is made with white frosting, and red M&M candy for the eyes. To create the mummy wrap effect, I used the Wilton #103 frosting tip.

Spider Brownie for Halloween by chengand3kids.blogspot.com

The Spider Brownie is made with green and white frosting, brown M&M candy and melted chocolate for the legs. I used glitter gel for the eyes. I made the spider web like they did in this video.



Want to know what my favorite part is?

Getting to watch my little boy decorate his own brownie.




And of course I had to take not one, but several pictures of him.

Doesn't he look so cute with that intent expression on  his face?

(^_^)

I linked this post to these wonderful parties:

3 comments:

  1. G'day! How cute and what fun! Thanks for sharing at our #SayGdayParty!
    Please remember to stop back if you haven't already and say G'day to the hosts and someone else at the party!
    Cheers! Joanne @ What's On The List Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne! I had a wonderful time checking out the other posts!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment! (^_^)