Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mini Cherry Cheesecakes

These are mini cherry cheesecakes with Oreo crust I made using Bakerella's recipe.

 I made these mini cherry cheesecakes last Mother's Day. It was really easy to make and the kids loved it. Hopefully my mom liked it too. This is actually the second time I tried making it. I've seen the recipe on Bakerella  a while back and it was just so good and so simple I just couldn't resist making it again.

So here it is,

2 package of (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Mix.

vanilla wafers
2" aluminum mini baking cups
Cherry Pie Filling

Place a vanilla wafer in each mini baking cup. Spoon approximately 3 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture over each wafer. Makes about 4 dozen.

I couldn't find the 2" aluminum baking cups she used, but I found this at the Commissary in the Navy Base for 66 cents. They're 2 1/2 inches but I didn't have any problem with it.
These are the aluminum baking cups I used for my mini cherry cheesecakes.

I followed Bakerella's instructions on the cream cheese mixture. But for the crust, instead of using Nilla wafers, I crushed up some Oreo cookies, mixed it with some melted butter, and pressed it onto the baking cups.

Here's a picture of my little helper scraping off the cream from the Oreo cookies.


He's asking if we can make them again. But this time, he wants strawberries instead of cherries on top. Hmmm... It actually sounds like a good idea. We might just have to try that.
I Should Be Mopping The Floor : Mop It Up Mondays
Life With The Crust Cut Off : Two Girls And A Party
Love and Laundry : Weekend Wonders
Love Bakes Good Cakes : All My Bloggy Friends
Memories by the Mile : Tuesday Trivia and Link Party
My Turn For Us : Freedom Fridays
Oh My Creative : Whimsy Wednesday
Piggy In Polka Dots : Party In Polka Dots
Rain on a Tin Roof : Give Me The Goods Monday
The Pin Junkie : Friday Link Party
The Wondering Brain : My Favorite Posts SHOW OFF Weekend Blog Party
Thirty Handmade Days : Pity Party Weekly Linky Party
Titi Crafty : Bewitch Me & Titi Link Party

35 comments:

  1. I love cheesecake, and these mini ones are adorable. I would love it if you would share this at my Saturday Spotlight link party.

    http://angelshomestead.com/saturday-spotlight-17/

    Hope to see you there!

    April
    Angels Homestead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invite! I would love to join in on your link party!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, these little cheesecakes sound great! I love that you used oreos for the crust...chocolate and cherries go so well together- I bet they were delicious! :)

    ~Joy from Yesterfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! They were great! The kids loved them.

      Delete
  3. These little cheesecakes look amazing and simple enough that I might actually be able to pull them off! thanks for sharing :D
    Keia @ http://improvingmewithkeialee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shared on Google+ today and also realised I am following you everywhere except via GFC ! Corrected that now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look like they would be a great addition to any Memorial Day and Independence day celebration! Thanks for sharing at Party In Polka Dots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley! I'm actually thinking of making this for Memorial Day or July 4th.

      Delete
  6. The perfect little treat :) New follower on GFC and our shared social media! Thanks so much for sharing at last week's All my Bloggy Friends - Linda and I look forward to seeing what you share this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following Jamie! I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  7. YAY! Thank you Camila! This really made my day!

    ReplyDelete

  8. Congratulations for being featured on Cami’s link party.
    New follower/fan here! Would love it if you’d stop by my Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop this week on Ducks ‘n a Row
    Blessings,
    Sinea
    Ducks ‘n a Row

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sinea - what a beautiful name - I'll head on there right now. See you!

      Delete
  9. These look so yummy! I'll have to make them sometime :) Cheesecake is my favorite!

    She Turned Her Dreams Into Plans

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mini cheesecakes look absolutely delicious! Might have to try your recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big cheesecake fan and these look lovely. Will pop them on my to cook list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look wonderful! I think I will maybe try these with strawberries, though. Stopping by to give new like and follows from the Show Off Weekend Blog Party! Thanks for linking up! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacey! I hope you're having a great weekend too!

      Delete
  13. You've been pinned!! Here from the weekend showoff hop. BB2U

    ReplyDelete
  14. That does look good and I am definitely a cheesecake fan! Thanks for sharing this with us @ My Favorite Posts SHOW OFF Weekend Blog Party!

    Jessica
    The Wondering Brain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Jessica! That was a fun party!

      Delete
  15. Those are so adorable and they look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for posting over at www.eatdrinkeat.com on my grilled bananas! I love your site and am definitely pinning this amazing dessert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kelley! The bananas you made look really good. I definitely have to try them soon.

      Delete
  17. Ohhh wow this looks delicious ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so classic. Love how they look!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment! (^_^)